We got a lot of great feedback from parents, kids and postcard writers. We would like to share some of them with you:
- Evan received several postcards from so many wonderful people and schools, it really made his day to get mail and decorate his room. Children's Miracle Network made it possible for him to go home to live, however he will continue to send postcards to the other children on your site.
- Louis is one of the children featured on your website. I just wanted to take the time to tell you how important my son feels when he receives a post card from one of his new friends. My son looks forward to me getting the mail everyday. Even I DO! I go from frowning at the bills I receive in the mail, to a big smile on my face when I see a post card![Every single post card we have ever received are displayed all over my house. Louis looks at them every day, and he knows by name each person who sent him one. To everyone involved, I cannot express what a difference these things make in my son's life.
- Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. Tyler loves to get mail, especially if it has fun stamps from different countries!
- I just wanted to send you and your fellow website creators a huge THANK YOU!!!! Being part of a project to send postcards to the children on your website has meant so much to my students. More, it meant something special to all the students at our school. Everyone was included in our 100% participation goal, which meant that over 1,500 postcards were sent out... this inclusion meant a lot to our ASD students and teachers. I know many of the students and teachers plan to continue to send postcards to hopefully brighten someone's day the way our days were brightened from the sending. We've received several responses from the families who received postcards. They are proudly displayed in the front of our room. Thank you for your website! It has touched so many lives.
- My class just sent out a batch of 22 postcards today and LOVED the project. My entire grade is now participating as well.
- I love your program! I am writing postcards with my children every now and then to send them to some of the kids on the website. A great and easy way to get them involved.
- I really enjoyed learning about your organization. I am a childhood cancer survivor, and I can personally comment on the isolation families can feel while going through chemo and having to avoid people for fear of getting a cold. Letters, phone calls etc… can really make a difference for families.
- Thank you for all the postcards! My daughter took the postcard from the Statue of Liberty to New York, when she had to do her bone marrow transplant. It made her feel a little bit better.
- Hi, we are individuals at the Y.A.I, Inc- Astoria Day Habilitation Program in Astoria, Queens New York. Our focus is on volunteering. We have chosen this site and this program to, on a monthly basis send cards to children who are going through this challenging time in their lives. You all inspire us. Your bravery, courage and perseverance encourages us every day. We are very happy to be a part of this wonderful program and we are committed to helping others be happy, even if its for a little while.
- Hello Ladies, Just wanted to let you know that Alison and I appreciate your hard work regarding this very important website of "Send Kids the World". We continue to send these children postcards everywhere we go. We are now in LA and next week I am traveling to India and will send more postcards out to, hopefully, cheer up these children. Please keep up your incredible efforts in this very worthwhile endeavor. We may not see the smiles on any of these children's faces when they receive their postcards but I know that they do smile! Thank you. Tom
- Dearest Send Kids the World team. Samantha, Allen and I cannot thank you enough for the wonderful cards, notes and tokens of care and love from around so many kind people around the world! Just today Sammi as we lovingly call her, received a card from England and another from The Netherlands! It makes her day when her dad comes in with mail for her and she loves hearing from people from as far away as China! Samantha eagerly looks forward to mail and likes to be able to write back on occasion too. We hope you will be able to continue to keep Samantha on your wonderful, caring list. We deeply appreciate your prayers for our girl and thank you from the bottom of our hearts for the wonderful, loving support sent her way!
- Hi, we have done a “card making” project with two groups this month – at the Minnesota Children’s Museum and at The Blake School. At Blake, they hosted a Family Service Night, and one of the “stations” was making cards for kids from Send Kids the World. Both events were wonderful. Hopefully, the children will enjoy and the cards and it allowed the families who made them to talk with their kids about the value of giving
- Hello. I just wanted to tell you that this is the most amazing program ever. My children ( Jake and Hannah) look forward to the mail everyday because of you. What a blessing this program is for our family. Thank you so much.
- Good afternoon, I am the Language Arts teacher at St. Anthony Catholic School in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. Our 2 fifth grade classes wrote postcards to the children listed on your site. It was a wonderful experience, both academically and personally for all of us. My students enjoyed reading through the biographies of the kids online. They realized how they had many things in common with them. Most importantly, they understood what a blessing health and happiness are to a person and his/her family. Along with out postcards, prayers were also sent out :)"Creativity is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to God."